Thursday 14 May 2009

The Longest Journey 2 - Dreamfall


I've just had the pleasure of playing through "The Longest Journey 2 - Dreamfall" and it was quite an experience.

It took me a while too! I started the game on Thursday 8th June 2006 and I reached the end on Thursday 14th May 2009. It has been almost 3 years!

Dreamfall takes you to wonderful locations, from Casablanca, to Japan, to an otherworldly forest and so on. It has great music, great voice acting and a great storyline.

It is a relaxing, evocative experience that resonates with you.

For me, most importantly, the frustration factor was low.

I found that as I played a longish play session, I kind of got satisfied. Then I would take a sometimes quite a long break until I felt like another session of exploration and adventure.

This game is definitely a worthwhile experience.

Make sure you play on a large, high quality monitor on a reasonable computer. I started the game on my laptop and when I transferred over to my desktop, I was stunned by the game's beauty.

Another thing about the game is that you can enjoy it together with another person. I started the game with a friend who normally does not play games and she quite enjoyed it. I reached the end of the game with my ten year old brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment