Thursday 20 January 2011

Developer Journal 44


I'm currently working on restructuring the genome and neural network code so that I can make sure it's working and so that I can simplify the process of making changes. Ideally, I want a visual representation of the neural network so that I drill into the details.

I'm also looking for part-time work at the moment to support myself while I finish off my PhD. It looks like finding software related work will be challenging. My best bet in regards to software jobs is to get a move on with my simulation so that I have something to show or develop my skills in additional languages and technologies. I've got a list of jobs in order of preference. If you know of an opportunity, let me know!

I like to keep an eye out for interesting source code releases. Recently, the developers of Arx Fatalis released the source code code for the game.

RELATED

2 comments:

  1. ... Also (continued from previous post), is it just me, or is your blog without-theme these days? IE8/Win7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous,

    If you're referring to the look of the blog, I'm trying out one of the more minimalist Blogger templates called Simple. I got inspired by a blog I read a while ago, to clean things up a little.

    The blog that inspired me was:
    http://poisonedsponge.wordpress.com/2011/01/12/the-regenerator-and-me/

    The blog should appear as follows:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PsvB0ptShVU/TT_ETId2oEI/AAAAAAAAAgg/5ggT-cg9KWQ/s1600/blog-potential.jpg

    Please let me know if you're seeing something different.

    If you're referring to my writing, I usually jot down things that are on my mind throughout my work day, which leads to a little wandering :)

    ReplyDelete