I built BJam by going to the directory,
- build.bat gcc
I would not have thought that BJam was there. In Boost 1.44, BJam was in,
Building Boost Serialization, Thread, Date and Time
Attempting to build Boost Serialization debug, shared library with multi-threading.
- bjam toolset=gcc --with-serialization variant=debug link=shared threading=multi stage
Attempting to build Boost Thread debug, shared library with multi-threading.
- bjam toolset=gcc --with-thread variant=debug link=shared threading=multi stage
Attempting to build Boost Date and Time debug, shared library with multi-threading.
- bjam toolset=gcc --with-date_time variant=debug link=shared threading=multi stage
Building Release Versions of Boost Serialization, Thread, Date and Time
My simulation compiled but at run time it asked for the release, multi-threaded version of the thread library.
- bjam toolset=gcc --with-thread variant=release link=shared threading=multi stage
I actually misread. It was asking for the release, dynamic, multi-threaded version of the thread library from Boost 1.44.
Damn. I think that Ogre 1.7.2 wants the Boost 1.44 Thread library, libboost_thread-mgw45-mt-1_44.dll.
I suspect that it wants the Boost 1.44 Date and Time library as well. Should I compile Ogre myself or use a combination of Boost 1.44 and 1.45 libraries?
No luck. I tried using a combination of the Boost 1.44 Thread, Data and Time libraries that came with Ogre with my Boost 1.45 Serialization library but the simulation crashed on start up.
No wonder, I was using the Boost 1.45 Thread, Data and Time header files and then the Boost 1.44 Thread, Data and Time dynamic link multi-threaded libraries.
Upgrading to a New Version is Dangerous
The latest version of Ogre is still 1.7.2. Looks like I'm going to have to build Ogre from source.
Sigh. I upgrade from Boost 1.42 to Boost 1.44 to work with Ogre 1.7.2.
However, Boost 1.44 Serialization dynamic link with multi-threading does not build. So I upgrade to Boost 1.45.
However, Boost 1.45 does not work with pre-compiled Ogre 1.7.2.
Hence, I may have to build Ogre from source.
Building Ogre from Source
I downloaded the source code for Ogre 1.7.2 but I have no idea how to download the dependencies.
I've been using MinGW 4.5 from Twighlight Dragon Media but the Ogre documentation says I need to switch to MinGW 4.5 from MinGW. I can't even remember how to download MinGW. Yea! Automated installer. I stuck with the pre-packaged catalog. I selected to also install the c++ compiler.
I downloaded a program that looked at my copy of Windows and generated a code that I had to submit to Microsoft before I proceed with the download. The code I had was 6JMGB7WV. I downloaded the February 2010 DirectX SDK.
I downloaded the Ogre dependencies but they were for gcc 4.4.
I still don't know how to download the Ogre MinGW dependency files. Aah! There's a little button called "get source"! That took me much too long to find.
I tested MinGW 4.5 from MinGW and built the simulation fine.
The next step will be compiling the Ogre dependencies and Boost 1.45.
To get CMake to generate MinGW Makefiles,
- cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles"