Friday 28 October 2011

Developer Journal 134

So sleepy. Woke up at 3 with stomach and back pain. Too much sitting and not enough training. Nutrition, getting better. Finally I've got a few days to focus on programming and writing, and I'm tempted to goof off. I can feel myself being less motivated and less intelligent.

I've got a few things to do today. Make sure that genome version 2 works with brain version 1. Then make sure that I'm converting genome version 1 data to genome version 2.

After a day of slow programming, genome version2 works with brain version 1. It seems to anyway, I'm going to have to let it run for a while to see what happens.

I'll also have to do some profiling because the constant genome look ups are slowing down the system.

Now to check the differences that between genomes that are the result of the normal creation code and the conversion code. I hate working with the serialization code enabled, it takes a lot more time to compile, link, and load.

27 seconds extra to compile. 56 seconds extra to link. 6 minutes 6 seconds extra to load. That might not sound like much but it is.

When the program loads, class Genome converts the data from pre-pre-alpha to version pre-alpha. Then the data gets converted to version alpha.

Pre-pre alpha is when the data was in class Genome and was a vector of floats. This was how things were originally coded up. Pre-alpha when the data gets converted to a vector of class Gene. This was when I was feeling my way around.

Version alpha is when the data is moved to class GenomeAlpha. I moved it over here so that I could preserve the old code in class GenomeAlpha, use class Genome as a common interface and try new code in class GenomeBravo.

Doh. I think I broke something. When I loaded up a previous save file, the robots no longer moved. I didn't change anything major, I changed the genome code but that shouldn't affect the architecture of the neural network.

I think the conversion from class Genome to class GenomeAlpha is not quite right.

Grr. Fire alarms have gone off. I'm sure it's a drill but they're so loud and annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment