Thursday 17 April 2008

What do you love to do?

What do you love to do? Consider the main things you do from day to day. A large portion of your day might be for work. If you did not have to work, would you be doing your current work? You might set aside a portion of your day doing things related to food. If you had the means to have someone else prepare your food, would you prepare your own food? You might spend some time doing physical training. If some major breakthrough occurred and you didn't have to work out, would you still do so?

I have been thinking about what I and other people love to do. Sometimes when I work, I get the feeling that there is something else I would love to do but I don't know what it is. I feel that it is important to have something, something that you commit to doing so that I don't feel like my life is on hold.

Paul Graham has a great article titled, "How to do what you love" which touches on what I am trying to express.

What would you love to do if the things you normally do to take care of your life were taken care of for you? Is life simply about taking care of your life and enjoying the magic moments the occur here and there?

Brian Kim also has a great article, "How to find what you love to do."

A large portion of my day is about my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment