Friday 19 November 2010

How to Move Your iTunes Media File Library

iTunes Version - 9.0.2.25
Operating System - Windows XP

Step 1 - Change Your iTunes Media Folder Location


  • Edit
  • Preferences
  • Advanced
  • iTunes Media folder location
  • Change
  • Mine was - D:\iTunes
  • Now it's - H:\binh\itunes
  • OK
Step 2 - Consolidate
  • File
  • Library
  • Organise Library
  • Consolidate files
  • OK
Step 3 - Remove Old Files
  • Move contents of - C:\Documents and Settings\Binh\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media
  • To - C:\delete
  • Move contents of - D:\iTunes
  • To - D:\delete
Notes
  • My artwork and database is still in C:\Documents and Settings\Binh\My Documents\My Music\iTunes
  • I had a read through the comments in Hollington's article and found the number of problems people had with iTunes terrifying.
References

No comments:

Post a Comment