Thursday 9 December 2010

Developer Journal 13

I've been working through the OGRE tutorials, and I wish that the tutorials built on top of one another, and that they introduced one element at a time.

To match brace

control-alt-f
control-alt-b

1) How to specify a library directory

2) How to fix mysterious segmentation fault when accessing member variables

To indent code
highlight
c-m-\

www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/ccmode/Indentation-Commands.html

Grr. I can build the simulation with GCC 4.4.0 but not 4.5.0.

Could it be because I've got an implementation file with the same name as the directory?

Nope. My file was called Graphics.cpp and I referred to it in the Makefile as graphics.cpp. GCC 4.5.0 or Make 3.8.2 is more strict.

Yah! The simulation builds with GCC 4.5.0.

Hmm. I'm not sure what OGRE libaries I need to add.

Not too hard, it was OgreMain.

Had a few runtime errors but the OGRE log file is useful.

Hmm. I need to copy the files from ogre/bin/debug into polyworld/debug.

There is a strange error upon exiting.

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
0x7c90120f in ntdll!DbgUiConnectToDbg () from C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll

I usually get this error when there is some multi-threading involved.

Stragely, I can run the simulation in GDB but not the command line.

No comments:

Post a Comment