Tuesday, 4 January 2011
Developer Journal 29
* Connected AI to movement code.
* Increased number of agents from 1 to 16.
* Agents that don't move for a while no longer enter a sleeping state.
* Increased number of agents from 16 to 32.
* Removed Y component of linear force to prevent agents from flying up.
* Added a downwards force of 64 to agents.
* Create a second view port.
* Connect view port to agent vision input.
* Add food
* Re-enable serialization.
* Get agent populations surviving again.
* Have a neuron for rotating left and another neuron for rotating right.
* Have a neuron for moving forwards and another neuron for moving backwards.
* Add code to reset a cube that is not on its "feet".
* Increase heights of walls.
* Get shadows working properly.
* Implement command controls.
* Implement FPS controls.
* Re-enable communication.
* Conduct gender experiments.
* Conduct maturation experiment.
* Experiment with joints and more advanced body shapes.
* Agents have a variable that controls their forwards movement that varies from 0.0 to 1.0.
* I tested whether there is a noticeable difference between a value of 0.5 and 1.0.
* I tested with 0.1 and 1.0.
* A little difference to acceleration. Looks like I have to modify max linear speed as well.
* Works well with rotation as well.
* Found out that I can call btCollisionObject::activate() to activate an object that has gone to sleep.
* Time to connect my AI to the new movement code.
* I connected the AI to the movement code. Most agents move the same way but some of them do move differently. It's good enough.
* The agents do start flying around so I'll apply a downloads force.
* One of the things that I find challenging is figuring out what my next action is and staying motivated. My idea is to keep a list of completed and next actions.
Labels: developer journal