Monday 14 March 2011

Developer Journal 72


For some reason the robots are consuming food very quickly. I'll need to implement a wait period after each bite.

In regards to re-sizing food objects, there are no problems with the graphics system but there may be one with the physics system. There doesn't seem to be a way to re-size objects in the physics system. I might be able to swap between objects of different sizes.

I tried using btCollisionShape::setLocalScaling() but no luck. I think I'll have to create 10 to 100 collision shapes and swap between them.

I didn't get as much done today as I hoped. I'm tempted to keep at it but I'll get some rest and get back at it early tomorrow.

Next Actions
+ Make food objects get smaller as the level of energy decreases
+ Remove food objects that have no energy
+ Spawn new food objects periodically
+ Implement a wait period between eating

RELATED

No comments:

Post a Comment