Tuesday 19 April 2011

Developer Journal 74 - On Boost Serialization

I'm currently working on re-enabling serialization. As I suspected, the process is not straightforward. My overall experience with the Boost Serialization Library has not been pleasant. There's got to be a better way to save data between sessions.

33 days have passed since my last developer journal. 23 days if you leave out weekends. The speed at which days go by scares me.

I've been writing up parts of my thesis instead of programming the simulation.

A few thoughts have come to me recently. I've noticed that I never feel like today is the day to do something great. I always feel that day to be tomorrow.

I've been getting back in training lately and I've been developing a good rhythm. What if I approached my writing and programming like my training? Setting regular small amounts of time to do both?

I'm the type of person that feels disappointed if I don't reach my expectations but I rarely make my expectations explicit. My goal is to set things up to win by making my expectations explicit and easier to reach.

RELATED

No comments:

Post a Comment