Monday 9 May 2011

Developer Journal 79 - On Boost Serialization

Contents - 1 robot, without a neural network
Format - XML
Size - 131 KB

Contents - 1 robot, with a neural network
Format - XML
Size - 67.4 MB

Contents - 1 robot, with a neural network
Format - Binary
Size - 554 KB

Compile and link time has increased.

GCC has a compile flag “-ftime-report” and a link flag “-Wl,--stats”. The compile flag “-time” does not work.

I’m not sure how to add compile and link flags in CMake. I think I can add a compile flag in ADD_DEFINITIONS().

That worked. The problem is that “-ftime-report” shows statistics for each compiled object rather than the whole project.

I’ll try adding “--stats” to ADD_DEFINITIONS(). That resulted in way too much information. I should have put “-Wl,--stats”.

Didn’t work.

I’ve got a macro that enables me to turn serialization on and off.

I don’t mind too much if compile time is slow because I don’t re-compile often but I do

Need to use -j

RELATED

No comments:

Post a Comment