Thursday 12 May 2011

Developer Journal 80 - On Boost Serialization

For the past few weeks I've been working on my home desktop and on my portable hard disk so I have to set my office desktop up.

I forgot I had to build Boost 1.44 Serialization so my link step took a very long time and failed.

bjam toolset=gcc --with-serialization variant=debug link=shared threading=multi stage

Argh! BJam failed because I forgot to modify the Boost 1.44 Serialization files.

Success!

I compiled and linked my program. The compile time was long and the link time was longer, 71 seconds!.

I'm thinking about outputting the results of the compilation step into a text file and then writing a small program to add up the compile time. In Windows I can use ">" to send information to a text file.

The next step is to go through and make sure I'm only serializing important information. Then it's about closing the loop so that the simulation is ongoing.



RELATED

No comments:

Post a Comment