Thursday 16 June 2011

Developer Journal 100


Developer Journal 100! Whoa. My hunch, which I wrote down somewhere in a previous developer journal entry, was that this project will probably gain critical mass by about entry 200. Halfway there.

Yesterday I resumed from save file 110614-1855 (49 MB). When I came in to check the simulation today at 2 PM, all the robots had died as I had expected. There were 12 pieces of food in the world but they had all fallen off the world.

I feel disinterested in the work today. I don't know why. I could be feeling this way because I have had to deal with things that feel distant from what I'm interested in. For example, I've had to work for a fair while on the save system when what I'm interested in is the AI. My philosophy is that you have to work to get to the good bits, so I'm going to keep going.

I wrote some code to periodically pick up food that had fallen off the world and put it back in the world.

The next thing I'd like to do is to work with a smaller population. 256 robots is still feels like too many.


RELATED

No comments:

Post a Comment