I realised as I was driving to uni that I forgot to change the food upper limit back from 0 to 16 when I left uni yesterday. The population died out as expected. I've also got a population going strong at home.
I spent the day formatting and studying the Bullet Physics rag doll code. I made the mass of all the body parts infinite except the right lower arm so I can see the body standing upright and do my experiments.
Strange. When I'm not at work, I want to be at work. When I'm at work, I don't want to be at work. Lately I've been having trouble being interested and making progress.
Some topics I need to study further
- client, server
- pragmatic version control with svn
- game engine
- open source
Some books I'm thinking of working through.
- Game Scripting Mastery (Varanese, 2003)
- Graphics Programming Black Book (Abrash, 1997)
- Programming Multi-Player Games (Mulholland & Hakala, 2004)
- Programming Role Playing Games with DirectX 8.0 (Adams, 2002)
- Software Engineering and Computer Games (Rucker, 2002)
- Strategy Game Programming with DirectX 9.0 (Barron, 2003)
The part I'm having trouble with at the moment is putting the non-engine parts together.