Wednesday 15 October 2008

Google and Artificial Intelligence

I stumbled across two interesting links about Google and AI. That Google has such a strong interest in AI is well known but it was these two links that really drove that point home for me.

"Google on AI" discusses mainly mining and forecasting type AI which I do not advocate but is interesting nonetheless.

"Google's initiatives in AI" discusses more about the type of AI which I do not advocate but I have to admit that it works for specific tasks. I do not advocate AI techniques that for example involve building knowledge bases because these techniques leave out a whole other spectrum of components critical to more sophisticated intelligence such as embodiment, evolution, engagement in a form of life and context determination.

No comments:

Post a Comment