Sunday 6 February 2011

Developer Journal 52

My little guys zooming around and eating food

1:59 PM
Clocking in. Grabbing a coffee.

3:59 PM
So. Easy. To. Goof. Off.

4:31 PM
I checked out a fresh copy of the source code. Its got 1,081 files, and 881 folders. It's 5.94 MB or 6,233,418 bytes. A bit too big I think. I'd love to make things leaner.

I've been keeping my development environment on a portable hard disk but that means I've had to close my environment at the end of a work day and then restart it the next day. I've found that this takes me extra time to get back in the zone again.

6:06 PM
Hmm. I can use my existing less efficient code to detect collisions for now. Eat little robots! Eat!

7:28 PM
Hmm. The output neurons seem to progress to 1 in the range 0 to 1 a lot.

7:52 PM
Sticking with existing code to detect collisions for eating. Would be great to store objects that a robot is touching and then call a robot function to act on the objects.

8:12 PM
Clocking off.

Some of my favorite television and movie robots:

+ C3P0 - Star Wars (1977)
+ Kryten - Red Dwarf (1988)
+ Andrew Martin - Bicentennial Man (1999)
+ Teddy - A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001)
+ Sonny - I, Robot (2004)
+ Optimus Prime - Transformers (2007)
+ Cameron Philips - Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (2008)

RELATED

No comments:

Post a Comment