Saturday 2 April 2011

Training Journal

I had a quick workout today with my girlfriend. We did 30 minutes of cardio on the cross trainer followed by 30 minutes of weights. We did dumbbell standing rows, dumbbell seated shoulder presses, and dumbbell squats. I'm feeling pretty good. There's something magical about making a decision and doing what you said you were going to do.

I usually find training hard to do on weekends, there's usually something that comes up, or I will feel tired and just want to relax. I'm pretty intent on getting a quick workout done tomorrow even though that means working out three days in a row. I'm determined to stick with my Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday routine.

I've often wondered why more people don't workout out, including myself. I've come to the conclusion that it's an unnatural act, it takes a lot out of your day, you have to plan ahead, often you're tired before you start, you don't feel like you need to, you feel like you can do it later, and there are many other reasons. What would life be like if we didn't use excuses? What if instead we could distinguish when we made excuses and when we had to make a choice because of circumstances? An example of an excuse is a reason you come up with when you're not mentally strong to justify not training. An example of making a choice is when you haven't spent a enough time with your brother and you decide that spending time with him is worth the cost of putting training aside for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment